Tuesday, April 19, 2016

The Esau's Mentality

Topic: The Esau's Mentality

Memory Verse:  But Esau I have hated and laid waste his mountains and his heritage for the jackals of the wilderness. Malachi 1:3

Main Texts: Genesis 25:27–34

Daily Quote: Hunger can turn you red, but don’t burn – Michael B Gyekye

Bible in One Year: Joshua 19:1-20:9, Luke 19:28-48, Psalm 88:1-18, Proverbs 13:12-14


They say a hungry man is an angry man. This was the state of Esau when he was hungry. He demanded that his brother gives him some of his red stew. But Jacob refused until he gives him what he wanted, the birthright. Because hunger has turned him red, he lost his mind, he lost his identity, and he later lost his birthright. His destiny was changed from a potential Israel to a wanderer. Esau's mentality is driven by bread alone, but man shall not live by it alone.

Both Jacob and Esau were fathers of nations. God changed Jacob’s name to Israel (Genesis 32:28), and he became the father of the 12 tribes of Israel. Esau’s descendants were the Edomites (Genesis 36). Edom was a nation that plagued Israel in later years and was finally judged by God (Obadiah 1:1-21). His descendants were judged by God whiles the descendants of Jacob were blessed. My dear, check your roots. Past spiritual trade deals between the devil’s agents and our fore-fathers have been the cause of our misfortunes. You need to pray and cancel them.

Esau’s mentality is unrighteous. It focuses on what to glorify the belly instead of God. Many are in church with this mentality. They want to satisfy their body, build much fame and they cover many evil deals. But a day is coming that they shall all be uncovered. Only time will tell. Esau’s choice to sell his birthright is used as an example of ungodliness a “godless” person who will put physical desires over spiritual blessings (Hebrews 12:15-17).

If you hold grudges you have this same mentality. If you cannot forgive other, you have the same mentality, you want to live a way ward, and God will judge you just as he judged Esau’s descendants. Many Christians fall under this mentality, all about me and my self, nothing to offer. They always look forward to be offered. Remember, you will lose the blessings of the father if you live with this type of mentality


“Enough is Enough 2016" is coming off this summer. It is a 5-hour prayer, the word, praise and worship, deliverance program, aimed to cry unto God for the impossible. Please pray about it. I have prayed to God that, if He will not answer you, He shouldn’t let it come on. But I know He will.  It is a platform for a miraculous breakthrough. God bless your Jesus precious name.


Note this: 

God loves you and wants to set you free. Salvation is the gateway for divine blessings. If you are not born again, you are not free. If you want to be born again today by giving your life to Christ, or you want to renew your faith,  please pray this prayer 


“Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. Deliver me from sin and Satan to serve the living God. I accept You as my Lord and Savior. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.”'

Prayers for Today

  1. Father, I praise and worship you, for who you are.
  2. Father, I repent of any Esau's mentality in Jesus name.
  3. Father, I pray, my destiny shall not be traded in Jesus name.
  4. Father, I pray, my heart shall not follow the flesh in Jesus name.
  5. Father, by fire by power, take off evil hands from me in Jesus name.
Send me an email, if you prayed to give your life to Christ, God bless you. 
Email: michaelbgyekye@gmail.com/nanagyekye29@gmail.com/9178256203 
All scriptures are in NKJV, unless stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment