Sunday, April 17, 2016

Why Sunday?

Topic: Why Sunday?

Memory Verse:  Now on the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul, ready to depart the next day, spoke to them and continued his message until midnight. Acts 20:7


Main Texts: Colossians 2:16-17

Daily Quote: Sunday is the day the mighty bright and morning Sun do shine - Michael Gyekye


Bible in One Year: Joshua 15:1-63 Luke 18:18-43 Psalm 86:1-17 Proverbs 13:9-10

I used to ask myself why do we dress up differently only on Sunday morning to go Church and worship God? Although these days, people dress the same to evening and other day’s seminars and prayer meeting but there is a clear distinction. I am not in a position to state whether Saturday or Sunday is the best day to worship God. This is because on both days, people gathered to worship God and God didn’t forbid that, so why now?

Sunday marks the beginning of the week and it is great to start in the house of God. We go to appreciate Him, worship and thank Him for another fresh week. We start with many but not all make it to the 7th day. One way we appreciate God is by decorating our body, with fine linen, Godly clothes that bring honor to God, but carelessly people dress anyhow. How glorious your dress looks determines your level of thanksgiving to God. So anyone can assess whether you appreciate God or not by looking at your dressing.

Apart from our appreciation to God, we also break bread on Sunday. What does it mean to break bread? Jesus said He is the bread of life. So when we meet He gives Himself to us. Jesus is all we need to solve every problem we face. This bread will not make us hungry, the bread will heal every form of sickness and above all we become satisfied. Remember if you refused Sunday fellowship for a while you become hungry and feel like God is not part of you. On the first day, Sunday, they broke bread.

It is sad that people miss church or don’t go to church at all on Sunday or any other day because, church meetings are avenues of divine and physical empowerment. No matter how sick I am, I still find myself in church and I can count on my fingers since 2008 the days I missed church. It is through the church that many have married, gotten a job, or are living well. If it had not been that supervisor in the church, you wouldn’t have been the manager. Sunday is the beginning and end of the week, go and appreciate the God of increase.


“Enough is Enough 2016" is coming off this summer. It is a 5-hour prayer, the word, praise and worship, deliverance program, aimed to cry unto God for the impossible. Please pray about it. I have prayed to God that, if He will not answer you, He shouldn’t let it come on. But I know He will.  It is a platform for a miraculous breakthrough. God bless your Jesus precious name.


Note this: 

God loves you and wants to set you free. Salvation is the gateway for divine blessings. If you are not born again, you are not free. If you want to be born again today by giving your life to Christ, or you want to renew your faith,  please pray this prayer 


“Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. Deliver me from sin and Satan to serve the living God. I accept You as my Lord and Savior. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.”'

Prayers for Today

  1. Father, I praise and worship you, for this Sunday.
  2. Father, I repent of any dishonor in my dressing or in words.
  3. Father, as I break bread this Sunday, may any misfortune pass over me in Jesus name.
  4. Father, as I break bread today, my hands shall be greater over my enemies in Jesus name.
  5. Father, by fire by power, the Sun shall not smite me today nor the moon at night in Jesus name.
Send me an email, if you prayed to give your life to Christ, God bless you. 
Email: michaelbgyekye@gmail.com/nanagyekye29@gmail.com/9178256203 
All scriptures are in NKJV, unless stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment