Monday, April 18, 2016

Life Tragedy

Topic: Life Tragedy

Memory Verse:  These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
John 16:33


Main Texts: Job 14:1-4

Daily Quote: To live righteous is to suffer for goodness, tragedies are real - Michael Gyekye


Bible in One Year: Joshua 16:1-18:28, Luke 19:1-27, Psalm 87:1-7, Proverbs 13:11


Sufferings and pain are real. In fact, the people who are affected by tragedies are real people, their pain is real pain, and their tears are real tears. Jesus acknowledges the reality of suffering in John 16:33: I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In the world you have trouble and suffering, but have courage, I have conquered the world. Job, too, affirms the tragic reality that this world offers in Job 14:1: Man, born of woman, lives but a few days, and full of trouble.

So it looks like no one, whether anointed or not, poor or rich, at peace or at war, you live but few days, but the days you live are full of troubles. King Hezekiah prayed for extended 15 years but that 15 years brought much trouble to him more than ever. Christianity is not a trouble free life. In fact, troubles or afflictions are our promotional exams, as we pass them, we are promoted. That is why in James 1, you need to endure so you can have the crown of life.

Where did tragedy, pain and suffering originated and how can it be eliminated? Sin; this is the cause of all our sufferings and tragedy. Tragedy is the result of sin. It exists; it is real. From Genesis 3, and the fall of man until today, suffering and pain are a natural part of the world in which we live. Where sin exists, its consequences are never far behind. Tragedies are a reality.


Only God can save us from life tragedies, without Him we are bound to be destroyed. Our response to tragedy must be immediate, we must be angry toward sin, we must pray and also know God’s will and purpose but it takes a real determination to overcome sin.


“Enough is Enough 2016" is coming off this summer. It is a 5-hour prayer, the word, praise and worship, deliverance program, aimed to cry unto God for the impossible. Please pray about it. I have prayed to God that, if He will not answer you, He shouldn’t let it come on. But I know He will.  It is a platform for a miraculous breakthrough. God bless your Jesus precious name.


Note this: 

God loves you and wants to set you free. Salvation is the gateway for divine blessings. If you are not born again, you are not free. If you want to be born again today by giving your life to Christ, or you want to renew your faith,  please pray this prayer 


“Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. Deliver me from sin and Satan to serve the living God. I accept You as my Lord and Savior. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.”'

Prayers for Today

  1. Father, I praise and worship you, for this week.
  2. Father, I repent of any sin that has brought life tragedies upon me.
  3. Father, I prevail over any satanic influence over my life in Jesus name.
  4. Father, as I pray today, the enemy over my life shall fail in Jesus name.
  5. Father, by fire by power, tragedies shall pass over me in Jesus name.
Send me an email, if you prayed to give your life to Christ, God bless you. 
Email: michaelbgyekye@gmail.com/nanagyekye29@gmail.com/9178256203 
All scriptures are in NKJV, unless stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment