Friday, June 24, 2016

Christian & Politics.

Topic: Christian & Politics.


Memory Verse: Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.” John 18:36

Main Texts: Colossians 2:7-9

Daily Quote: You cannot serve two masters, you can never master both  – Michael Gyekye


Bible in One Year - 2 Kings 6:1-7:20 Acts 15:36-16:15 Psalm 142:1-7 Proverbs 17:24-25

Jesus' earthly ministry took place right in the midst of difficult social and political atmosphere. Many of His followers, including the Twelve, to varying degrees expected Him to free them from Rome's oppressive rule. But our Lord did not come as a political deliverer or social reformer. He never issued a call for such changes, even by peaceful means.

Very soon we will go to the polls to vote for our new president and other elections. Beloved, we are in a hot political debate. Many are wondering whom to vote. We are in the midst of a difficult social and political atmosphere. But the question is, what is our place as Christians? We need to lift up prayer, that God who makes kings and kingdoms will appoint us a man or a woman who can lead this country peacefully.

I don’t discourage Christians from expressing their political affiliations but I discourage pastors and religious leaders to stop affiliating themselves with political candidates and publicly endorsing and supporting them. Certainly, no prohibition on believers being directly involved in government as civil servants, as some notable examples in the Old and New Testaments illustrate. If you are a gospel musician, evangelist, a chief or a king please allow your political affiliation to remain with you.


In the truest sense, the moral, social, and political state of a people is irrelevant to the advance of the gospel. Jesus said in today’s memory verse that His kingdom was not of this world. In the same vein, our kingdom is not of this world. We should not allow any politician to lure us into any evil ways and selfish ambitions. The greatest temporal good we can accomplish through political involvement cannot compare to what the Lord can accomplish through us in the eternal work of His kingdom.

Remember to keep in your prayers our first program which is coming off this summer in New York City, “Enough is Enough Encounter”. Please pray about it. I prayed to God if He will not answer you, He shouldn’t let it come on. But I know He will.  It is a platform for a miraculous breakthrough. God bless you

Note this: 

God loves you and wants to set you free. Jesus died for you and salvation is the gateway for divine blessings and abundance. If you are not born again, you are not free. If you want to be born again today by giving your life to Christ, or you want to renew your faith,  please pray this prayer 


“Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. Deliver me from sin and Satan to serve the living God. I accept You as my Lord and Savior. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.”'

Prayers for Today

  1. Father, I praise you for today, I am ready for your goodness.
  2. Father, forgive me, I surrender them all to you in Jesus name.
  3. Father, I pray, no son of the wicked shall ascend the throne in Jesus Name.
  4. Father, I pray, peace shall prevail on the land in Jesus name.
  5. Father, I pray, I discourage any political riots in Jesus name.
Send me an email, if you prayed to give your life to Christ, God bless you. 
Email: michaelbgyekye@gmail.com/nanagyekye29@gmail.com/9178256203 
All scriptures are in NKJV, unless stated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment