Sunday, December 6, 2015

The Religious Garment

Topic: The Religious Garment.


Memory Verse:  “….Having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! 2 Timothy 3:5

Main Texts: Mark 10:46-52

Daily Quote: “Religion can make you hear about Jesus, but can prevent you from seeing Him, and to develop a relationship.” ― Michael B. Gyekye


Bartimaeus was part of the great multitude that followed Jesus. But He was at the roadside begging, and when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out say “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” Many were following Jesus, but no one asked for His mercy for the miraculous. Blind as he was just as many who were following Jesus, were so religious that, they refused to ask for mercy. There were the poor, barren, lame, deaf, mute, oppressed and the depressed yet, none call on Jesus over their predicament

Religion has a way for you not believe in the miracles of Jesus. It will teach you to love God, do good, but don't bother God about your needs. Also, you have to dress in a specific way, cover your head, speak like this and like that. Even teach about a particular sitting arrangement, women sit here, then men on the other and the youth outside, if we have chairs you come inside. Religion plays so much on how we can do more to show off and to keep people by the roadside to beg, rather than we totally submitting our will to God or having a great relationship with God. That is to say; religion teaches us to serve God by man-standards rather than God.

The similarity was that, Bartimaeus was labeled by his religious garment. It was a tradition how a man should dress. Many Jewish men wore turbans, tunics, cloaks, and sandals, but he has to cast it away at this point. It didn’t matter to him anymore, he wanted to see Jesus so he asked for mercy. The Pharisee boasted religiously, but the Tax collector asked for mercy. Religion can make you have a form of godliness,  but can make you deny the power thereof.


Many were following Jesus religiously, but Bartimaeus broke the protocol to ask for mercy. He first has to cast off the cloth of religion and to defy the men who were telling him to shut up since it defied the religious protocol. In the end he caught the attention of Jesus and he got his sight. I don't know what you want in this life? Desire to see Jesus, and have a relationship.


Note this: 

God loves you and wants to set you free. Jesus died for you and salvation is the gateway for divine blessings and abundance. If you are not born again, you are not free. If you want to be born again today by giving your life to Christ, or you want to renew your faith,  please pray this prayer 


“Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. Deliver me from sin and Satan to serve the living God. I accept You as my Lord and Savior. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.”'

Prayers for Today

  1. Father, I praise and worship you, Jesus you are great and you do the miraculous.
  2. Father, I repent of my disobedience please forgive me.
  3. Father, I pray, open my eyes, to see the wonders of the Word in Jesus name.
  4. Father, I pray, grant me the grace to walk in faith in Jesus name.
  5. Father, I pray, I cast away the garment of Religion to follow you Jesus, in Jesus name.
Send me an email, if you prayed to give your life to Christ, God bless you. 
Email: michaelbgyekye@gmail.com/nanagyekye29@gmail.com/9178256203 
All scriptures are in NKJV, unless stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment