Monday, November 23, 2015

Anointed, But Weak

Topic: Anointed, But Weak


Memory Verse:  And today, though I am the anointed king, I am weak, and these sons of Zeruiah are too strong for me. May the LORD repay the evildoer according to his evil deeds!" 2 Samuel 3:39

Main Texts: Psalm 89:20-23

Word For Thought: The anointing is to empower you, it does not control your will power.


The anointing of God is the power that rests on a man for him to do the extraordinary or a more than the usual thing. The anointing empowers and Paul said; I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, Philippians 4:13. Christ means the anointed one, which will make it simple to say “I can do all things through the anointing that empowers me”.

The anointing empowers, strengthens your zeal or the will power. Man’s desire to pray, worship, sings, preach, is strengthened or empowered by the anointing of God. Looking at this means, you can be weak and still be anointed. You may be anointed to pray and preach but if you don’t preach you become weak.

The oil of a car does not deplete but it loses its viscosity to become weak so that oil is changed with a more viscous one. It is what we do that makes the anointed useful and to keep you stronger in the power of the anointing you always need to tap to the source of the anointing to be refreshed. You have to be replaced by a viscous power anointing if not you will lose the power to do although you carry the anointing.


David was anointed, very powerful. God said in our main text today with His Holy Oil he has anointed him, but he couldn’t stand Bathsheba’s seduction. Although he killed Goliath yet the sons of Zeruiah were too hard for him. Zeruiah had three sons, Abishai, Joab, and Asahel, all of whom were soldiers in David's army. These men were too difficult to be controlled. They carried their own agenda. May be you are anointed but has fallen short; today get back to the source for your oil to be changed. Pray, encourage yourself in God’s word and promises. Be Blessed!

Note this: 

God loves you and wants to set you free. Salvation is the gateway for divine blessings. If you are not born again, you are not free. If you want to be born again today by giving your life to Christ, or you want to renew your faith,  please pray this prayer 


“Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. Deliver me from sin and Satan to serve the living God. I accept You as my Lord and Savior. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.”'

Prayers for Today

  1. Father, I praise and worship you, for your faithfulness.
  2. Father, I repent of my unfaithfulness, please forgive me.
  3. Father, I pray, give an all round grace to operate in your power in Jesus name.
  4. Father, I pray, left me up when I fall and weak in Jesus name.
  5. Father, I pray, strengthen anyone who carry your presence in Jesus name.
Send me an email, if you prayed to give your life to Christ, God bless you. 
Email: michaelbgyekye@gmail.com/nanagyekye29@gmail.com/9178256203 
All scriptures are in NKJV, unless stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment