Saturday, November 21, 2015

Just a Little Oil

Topic: Just A Little Oil


Memory Verse:  Philip answered Him, “Two hundred denarii worth of bread is not sufficient for them, that every one of them may have a little.”John 6:7

Main Texts:1 Kings 17:8-16

Word For Thought: The secret of your prosperity is not far from you.


What could make this widow rich was just in her house, yet she was expecting to die. What could save five thousand people was right in their midst, yet, Philip did not believe in the little boy’s lunch. Just a little oil, made a widow rich, what about you today? If this woman had eaten her seed, she would have ended her entire family, please regard every seed, all is important to the glory of God.

Our God does not discriminate, He uses all and all things He has created for His glory. Sometimes we assume the big things for big things, we need a big number of people for a good church, we need a lot of money for a good business, we need a big car before we can praise God. We look for big big big things, but if we are depending on God, He operates with no measure, He can use both great and small, tall and short, small and big everybody is useful in the kingdom.

In Mark 12:42, only the widow’s mite pleased God, the scribes and Pharisees came with all types or forms currencies, millions and millions but only the widow’s mite pleased God. Elisha after proclaiming the draught went to the widow of Zarephath. 

The only thing she had was a little oil. When she obeyed the prophet, she became a millionaire. Man looks at the outside, but God looks on the inside. Get into God’s will, and you will never regret. He exalts the humble or the lowly, He uses the little and the rejected, hopeless and forsaken things for His Glory.


The oil was hopeless, but the word from God placed value on it. Two fishes and five loaves of bread was nothing in the sight of five thousand men, but the people got fed and there was a surplus. Today, may you receive the grace to regard small beginnings as part of the history, God can move supernaturally.

Note this: 

God loves you and wants to set you free. Salvation is the gateway for divine blessings. If you are not born again, you are not free. If you want to be born again today by giving your life to Christ, or you want to renew your faith,  please pray this prayer 


“Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. Deliver me from sin and Satan to serve the living God. I accept You as my Lord and Savior. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.”'

Prayers for Today

  1. Father, I praise and worship you, for this word.
  2. Father, I repent of eating my seed of greatness, please forgive me.
  3. Father, I pray, grant me the grace to obey you dearly in Jesus name.
  4. Father, I pray, destroy any condition of doubt in my life in Jesus name.
  5. Father, I pray, I overturn any drought season my life for your Glory, in Jesus name.
Send me an email, if you prayed to give your life to Christ, God bless you. 
Email: michaelbgyekye@gmail.com/nanagyekye29@gmail.com/9178256203 
All scriptures are in NKJV, unless stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment