Tuesday, November 17, 2015

When the Preaching is Long

Topic: When the Preaching is Long


Memory Verse:  What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. Matthew 10:27 (NIV)

Main Texts: Acts 20:7-12

Word For Thought: Preaching is God's way of communicating to man.


Preaching is a form of worship where God communicates with man using man vessels. Communication is the imparting or exchanging of information or news between two factions or people. When preaching has no communication value, it loses its interest, then people begin to sleep, some will get up and others get easily distracted. Most churches that grow rapidly and members comes regularly are churches whereby the pastor communicates in preaching rather than talking bible.
Some preachers are very insensitive to our surroundings, the society, the nation, and issues that are trending. So no wonder, they may preach 5 ways of effective marriage when we are celebrating Christmas, or even Easter. How can we effectively connect Easter with marriage? This disconnection makes the good preaching boring and people lose interest.

Eutychus went into deep sleep whiles sitting at the window hearing Apostle Paul. The problem was not his strength because he was a young man. The problem was not the room because the room had enough light. Also not that he was comfortably sitting on a chair, he was sitting at the most uncomfortable place in the room, yet he slept. The problem was that, Apostle Paul was ready to depart the next day, so he spoke to them and continued his message until midnight, and Eutychus went into a deep sleep, fell and died.


The problem was the timing but this young man came back to life again, he was listening to the word of life. I pray that, the devil that put people to sleep shall not be your portion. Let us pray for our pastors and leaders, for God to use them mightily, so that they can effectively communicate the word of God to us.

Note this: 

God loves you and wants to set you free. Salvation is the gateway for divine blessings. If you are not born again, you are not free. If you want to be born again today by giving your life to Christ, or you want to renew your faith,  please pray this prayer 



“Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. Deliver me from sin and Satan to serve the living God. I accept You as my Lord and Savior. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.”'


Prayers for Today

  • Father, I praise and worship you, for this word.
  • Father, I repent of any wrong works in my life, please forgive me.
  • Father, I pray, may you provide grace to any minister as they are vessels in Jesus name.
  • Father, I pray, may you provide knowledge and skills to all pastors in Jesus name.
  • Father, I pray, grant worker in the Lord ability to walk in miracle, signs and wonders, in Jesus name.
Send me an email, if you prayed to give your life to Christ, God bless you. Email: michaelbgyekye@gmail.com/nanagyekye29@gmail.com/9178256203

No comments:

Post a Comment