Saturday, November 14, 2015

Dangerous Young Men

Topic: Dangerous Young Men


Memory Verse: Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counselors there is safety". Proverbs 11:14

Main Texts: I Kings 12:1-17

Word For Thought: Life has no spare, be careful whom you seek advice.


You must remember that, your class determines where you can be promoted to. Rehoboam belonged to the young men’s class of evil counsel, in fact, he was the only son of Solomon that we know by name. Solomon had 1000 wives and concubines, yet we read of one son he had to bear up his name, and he was a fool. This demonstrates that sin is a bad way of building up a family.

He became next to his father to inherit the throne. The people came to him for their taxes be taken care off, but Rehoboam,  rejected the advice which the elders had given him, and consulted the young men who had grown up with him, who stood before him.

Then the young men who had grown up with him spoke to him, saying, “Thus you should speak to this people who have spoken to you, saying, ‘Your father made our yoke heavy, but you make it lighter on us’; thus you shall say to them: ‘My little finger shall be thicker than my father’s waist! And now, whereas my father put a heavy yoke on you, I will add to your yoke; my father chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scourges!’

This foolish counsel led to the rebellion of the whole nation against their new king that Adoram, the wicked tax collector has to die. Be careful where you take counsel. Peace is the most valuable treasure that a person, a leader, a church, family and a marriage need, always seek for peace even in the time of war.

Note this: 

God's love is for all, His grace is enough to save you. Salvation is the gateway for divine blessings. If you are not born again, you are not free. If you want to be born again today by giving your life to Christ, or you want to renew your faith,  please pray this prayer 


“Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. Deliver me from sin and Satan to serve the living God. I accept You as my Lord and Savior. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.”'

Prayers for Today

  1. Father, I praise and worship you, for this word.
  2. Father, I repent of my sin of spiritual rebellious, please forgive me.
  3. Father, I pray, may any wrong counsel be destroyed in Jesus name.
  4. Father, I pray, I rise above my class in Jesus name.
  5. Father, I pray, may your divine wisdom be my portion in Jesus name.
Send me an email, if you prayed to give your life to Christ, God bless you. 
Email: michaelbgyekye@gmail.com/nanagyekye29@gmail.com/9178256203 

No comments:

Post a Comment