Sunday, September 20, 2015

The Lord's Prayer

Topic: The Lord's Prayer


Memory Verse:  But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. Matthew 6:6

Main Texts:   Matthew 6:8-15

Word For Thought: Prayer cannot be substituted for anything.

I pray the church will be filled with men and women of prayer. Before any knowledge or skills effectively produce results, effective and fervent prayers have already been said. Because prayer communicates God's will on a particular subject and when God speaks, all things become well.

The Lord Jesus Christ taught us how we can pray. This prayer is a God preferred prayer module which must be directed onto God, not man. All prayers must have the God centered form of communication. Prayer just as communication, must call on God, not any other name. We pray to God our father, through Jesus Christ our Lord, don’t pray to Jesus in Jesus name, but to our Father God through Jesus Christ.

Apart from thanksgiving, there is another form of prayer, called supplication. It comes from the word supply. Apostle Paul said in Philippians 4:19; And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. So anytime we pray to God to ask for our daily provisions, we must remember that, Jesus taught us to pray to God asking for our daily bread.

There is a prayer of forgiveness, where we come to the throne of grace only to obtain favor in the time of need,  “and forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors”. If we confess our sins and other’s sins before God, we are engaging in the prayer of forgiveness.

There is also a prayer of deliverance “and deliver us from evil”. It is not wrong to be delivered from evil. Evil can come upon us through many gates of entry, so sad that we can be afflicted yet we may not pray. These forms of entry can only be shut through deliverance prayers. Evil is cooked and is waiting to be served by the devil, it takes only the grace of God to shut the gates of evil planners.


Remember, prayer does not die, it is a mighty weapon of life, it is the key of the morning and a lock of the night. Prayer delivers, so as it serves us peace all round. Happy Sunday to you. Please find  a place to worship today.



Note this: 

God loves us that He 
demonstrated his Love by giving us Jesus. Through Him all prayers are answered. If you are not born again, your prayers are only heard but God cannot act. Your life is limited with no divine inheritance, no direction, and failure is not an option.  Moreover, you are a candidate of hell fire. My dear, if you want to be born again by giving your life to Christ, or to renew your faith,  pray this prayer 


“Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. Deliver me from sin and Satan to serve the living God. I accept You as my Lord and Savior. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.”'

Prayers for Today

  1. Father, I praise and worship you, you are a changeless God.
  2. Father, I pray, I forgive my trespasses today in Jesus name.
  3. Father, I pray, I claim my daily provisions in Jesus name
  4. Father, I pray, lead me not into temptation, but delivers me from evil in Jesus name..
  5. Father, I pray, give me the grace to pray in all season in Jesus name.

Send me an email, if you prayed to give your life to Christ, God bless you ;;;michaelbgyekye@gmail.com/nanagyekye29@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment