Saturday, September 12, 2015

Afflicted, but Multiplied

Topic: Afflicted, but Multiplied


Memory Verse:  But the more they afflicted them, the more they multiplied and grew. And they were in dread of the children of Israel. Exodus 1:12

Main Texts:   Exodus 1:8-14, Psalm 34:19

Word For Thought: Afflictions are the test of divine greatness.


In any school, you are tested on the level and the knowledge you have acquired. At the primary or the grade level, you are given grade or primary questions to answer, after you have excelled, then you are given the next level questions. The higher you go up the ladder of education, the harder the questions become. No one in high school will be given a university questions to answer, your test marches your level, nothing less and nothing more.

In the school of faith, the higher you go, the more you are tested. As we grow in the Lord, our levels of tests, temptations and trials become harder. The people of Israel found themselves in Egypt. As long as Joseph was living till another Pharaoh who knew not Joseph came, they were very ok. This new king decided to fight and afflict Israel, but the more he afflicted them, the more they multiplied and grew. If you are blessed by God, no one can curse you.

The king feared how they were been blessed and protected by God. He thought one day, they will grow to become a mighty army, so he afflicted them bitterly, but they grew mightily. Remember, the devil is not happy about your success in life and ministry, he will fight you till death but God will raise up a standard against him in Jesus name, you shall not die, although you may cry but God is capable of turning your cries into joy.


Remember Job, although he was loved by God yet God released him to be tempted by the devil. God testified about Job, yet that could not take him off Satan’s radar. He lost all he had, but God restored a double portion of all that he lost. Your love for God, dedication and service to the things of God will not prevent you from trials and temptations of life, but God will give you the needed grace to endure. David suffered but he was elevated to be the king of Israel, Joseph was elevated but he passed through a lot of tried times. Trials are the exit entrance exams into a life of greatness.

Note this: 

God loves us that He 
demonstrated his Love by giving us Jesus.  If you are not born again, you are not His child, you have no coverage over your life and family, this message may not benefit you. Because of sin God cannot hear and rescue you. Your life is limited with no divine inheritance, no direction, and failure is not an option.  Moreover, you are a candidate of hell fire. If you want to be born again by giving your life to Christ,  pray this prayer 


“Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. Deliver me from sin and Satan to serve the living God. I accept You as my Lord and Savior. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.”'

Prayers for Today

  1. “Father, I praise and worship you, for you are my great defender.
  2. “Father, I pray, I overtake any form of opposition against my destiny in Jesus name.
  3. “Father, I pray, may I win all forms of battles against my home in Jesus name
  4. “Father, I pray, as David was anointed to prevail, so as I am anointed today in Jesus name..
  5. “Father, I pray, fight every battle in my life, restore me into the path of destiny in Jesus name.

Send me an email, if you prayed to give your life to Christ, God bless you ;;;michaelbgyekye@gmail.com/nanagyekye29@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment