Tuesday, September 1, 2015

False Prophets

Topic: False Prophets


Memory Verse:  Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. 1 John 4:1

Main Texts:   Deuteronomy 18:20-22, 2 Corinthians 11:13-15

Word For Thought: Watch that Prophet, if he speaks always what is good to the ears.

A prophet is a messenger of God, an oracle of God, who speaks the intents of God. God will never do a thing unless He reveals to His prophets. Prophet is a divine calling not necessarily an office, you cannot go to school to become one, but you can be nurtured in that calling just as Samuel and Elisha, they were all prophets of God who were trained but were called by God. Amos was not a prophet, nor a son of a prophet; he was a herdsman and a grower of sycamore figs, but God took him from following the flock and said to him, “Go prophesy to My people Israel”.

Prophets are needed in every congregation of God. A church that has no prophet has no future. Remember, not all who are called prophets are indeed prophets of God. Some even don’t see in the spirit let alone speaks the oracles of God. When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.

The Bible says we must beware of false prophets. False prophets do not speak what God says but what men want to hear. They prophesy what the nation wants to hear not what God is telling the nation. In Jeremiah 28, Hananiah the son of the prophet Azur, prophesied in the presence of Jeremiah, the priests and the nation, all said amen, but that was a lie, he spoke of his personal interest.

Then the prophet Jeremiah said to Hananiah the prophet, “Hear now, Hananiah, the Lord has not sent you, but you make this people trust in a lie. Therefore thus says the Lord: ‘Behold, I will cast you from the face of the earth. This year you shall die, because you have taught rebellion against the Lord.’ So Hananiah the prophet died the same year in the seventh month.

Many young and old ministers are dyeing, all because of their selfish ambitions in the ministry. They are seeking popularity instead of populating heaven. Their fame is more important to them than making Jesus famous in the lives of men, because of this, many are operating in familiar spirits, and these spirits tell lies. Beware, test all the spirits, check that prophecy in line with the Word (Bible) of God. God bless you.

Note this: 

God loves you, He wants to have a relationship with you today. If you are not born again, you are not His child, you have no coverage over your life and family about eternity and your abundant tomorrow is not assured. Because of sin, God cannot hear and rescue you. Your life is limited with no divine inheritance, no direction, and failure is not an option.  Moreover, you are a candidate of hell fire. If you want to be born again by giving your life to Christ,  pray this prayer 

“Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. Deliver me from sin and Satan to serve the living God. I accept You as my Lord and Savior. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.”'

Prayers for Today

  1. Father, I praise and worship you, you are my Lord and me savior.
  2. Father, may my ears be open to hear from you always in Jesus name.
  3. Father, grant the Church the grace to hear from you in Jesus name.
  4. Father, I pray for the revelation of Your Word in season in Jesus name.
  5. Father, I pray for any church in crisis right now in Jesus name. 

Send me an email, if you prayed to give your life to Christ, God bless you ;;;michaelbgyekye@gmail.com/nanagyekye29@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. May the name of God be praised for His word and may God bless you for sharing His word Stay blessed always my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the name of God be praised for His word and may God bless you for sharing His word Stay blessed always my brother.

    ReplyDelete