Tuesday, September 15, 2015

When All is Lost

Topic: When All is Lost


Memory Verse:  Even a tree has more hope! If it is cut down, it will sprout again and grow new branches. Job 14:7 (NLT).

Main Texts:   Job 1:20-22, 42:10

Word For Thought: When all is lost, God is gained. 


Suicide rates are high among people with depression, they become depressed due to life's eventualities. Many cannot stand life again when they lose something so dear to them such as cars, buildings, businesses, relationships, children and family. They become bitter, when life becomes bitter. In the midst of this bitter life, they chose to kill themselves, but God can make it better, He can turn water into wine, He can can turn our morning into dancing, even when there was no hope last night.

In the narrative historical book of Job, we see a man who God allows to be directly attacked by Satan. He is really an example of faithfulness as he loses everything important to him yet remains faithful to God. We must follow God’s sovereignty and faithfulness during a time of great suffering. Job went into a great torment, he lost it all, including his health, his wife even told him to curse God and commit suicide, but he remained strong and faithful, “Through all this, Job did not sin nor did he blame God.” (Job 1:22).

At the time when you lose all things, when you lose that man whom you are dating or courting to get married to, when you lose a husband or a wife, when the man says he wants to go and the wife has taken another man, what do you do? Suicide is not an alternative. When even no one cares for you anymore, what do you do? Don’t follow the dictates of men, but remain faithful to God. Be careful of what you hear and what you say.

When you have used all these years to build up a relationship, a career or even a business, and you lose it, please allow the praise of God to rain in your heart. Job initially worshiped God and he went on life again, the devil lost it at that point as in Job 1:20-22. Praise is a weapon that kicks away the sorrows and agony of life. Praises and worship at the time of test and trials, open the door for your captive to be taken captive, just as it happened when Paul and Silas were taken into prison.

Also, in the time of trials and tests, we must intercede for those who accuses us wrongly. Job’s friends from chapter 4-37, they gave him plenty of bad advice, in rounds of discussion. They mistakenly blame his sufferings only for his personal sins rather than God testing and growing Job. Job still remained faithful. But Job interceded for his friends, and in the end, Job answers God by saying, “I have declared that which I did not understand”. God then blessed Job with twice as much as he had before his trials began.



Note this: 

God loves us that He 
demonstrated his Love by giving us Jesus. He still finds us useful. If you are not born again, you are not His child, you have no coverage over your life and family, this message may not even benefit you. Because of sin God cannot hear and rescue you. Your life is limited with no divine inheritance, no direction, and failure is not an option.  Moreover, you are a candidate of hell fire. If you want to be born again by giving your life to Christ,  pray this prayer 


“Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. Deliver me from sin and Satan to serve the living God. I accept You as my Lord and Savior. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.”'

Prayers for Today

  1. Father, I praise and worship your Holy Name.
  2. Father, I pray, grant me the same grace you gave to Job in Jesus name.
  3. Father, I pray, any arrow of death and persecution is cancelled in Jesus name
  4. Father, I pray, may any evil counsel against my destiny be buried  in Jesus name..
  5. Father, I pray, may all my enemies repent from their evil in Jesus name.

Send me an email, if you prayed to give your life to Christ, God bless you ;;;michaelbgyekye@gmail.com/nanagyekye29@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment