Monday, February 29, 2016

Peace in Midst of Storm

Topic: Peace in Midst of Storm.


Memory Verse: Awake! Why do You sleep, O Lord? Arise! Do not cast us off forever. Psalm 44:23

Main Texts: Luke 8:22-25

Daily Quote: Don’t look unto man to solve man’s problem” ― Michael B. Gyekye


For some years now I wonder how Jesus slept in the midst of the storm. In fact, in the boat were great fishermen who knew how to deal with bigger storms but all were screaming for their lives. This storm was great and deadly but yet Jesus was sleeping. 

I have never traveled on the sea before so I don’t know how a storm can make you scream your heart out but I know that, the great wind of the sea is a moving force that move great ships, goods and can contain larger fishes in the sea. The Prophet Jonah even though he was disobedient to God. was also sleeping in the ship whiles the storm was ranging and the people around marveled.

Life events and eventualities can also create a great storm around your life. Marriage problems can cause a great storm. Stubborn and vagabond sons and daughters can be a great storm. Bad business, strange friends, poor services, diseases and sicknesses, family problems, bad church and poor church growth, all can be storms of life. But, my question is; what do you do?

Jesus slept in the boat to tell us that, in the midst of the storm you can sleep if only you wake Him up. When Jesus was asleep the people were crying and wailing, some including Peter the great fisherman were calling on their friends to help but none came. When you call on people or on man, you shall fail. Don’t look to man to solve man’s problem, but rather look unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. Call on Jesus in prayer, wake Him up because He never sleep nor slumber.

Peter was caught in the prison, but he slept in the midst of the guards because the church was praying. Until you pray, your storm ranges. In the story of Jonah, remember they prayed and then, the storm came down. Prayer is to seek the face of God. Seek Him continually so you can rest continuously.

Note this: 

God loves you and wants to set you free. Jesus died for you and salvation is the gateway for divine blessings and abundance. If you are not born again, you are not free and the promises of God are not for you. The  greatest investment in life is to insure your soul. My dear if you want to be born again today by giving your life to Christ, or you want to renew your faith,  please pray this prayer 


“Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. Deliver me from sin and Satan to serve the living God. I accept You as my Lord and Savior. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.”'

Prayers for Today

  1. Father, I praise and worship you for another time of "Early with God".
  2. Father, I shall not scream forever, Jesus deliver me in the midst of the storm.
  3. Father, I pray, I overcome my storm in Jesus name.
  4. Father, I pray, any force of life oppressing me shall be buried in Jesus name.
  5. Father, I pray, all my readers shall not be disappointed in Jesus name.
If you have been blessed, please send me an email, if you prayed to give your life to Christ, God bless you. 
Email: michaelbgyekye@gmail.com/nanagyekye29@gmail.com/9178256203 
All scriptures are in NKJV, unless stated

No comments:

Post a Comment