Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The Broken Altar

Topic: The Broken Altar


Memory Verse: Then Elijah said to all the people, “Come near to me.” So all the people came near to him. And he repaired the altar of the Lord that was broken down. 1 Kings 18:30

Main Texts: Genesis 8:19-21

Word For Thought: What can you do, when the altar is broken?


An altar in Scripture indicates an approach to God or communion with Him, and the altar is a place of sacrifice or covenant. When you send anything to the altar, it is meant to be sacrificed unto the Lord. When you send money to the altar, it is a sacrifice offering, when it is accepted then a covenant is established. There are several covenants between man and God all were made on an altar. Talking about Noah, after an offering at the altar, God swore not to destroy the earth just as He did. That is the Noahidic Covenant. Abraham did the same, Moses, David, and Jesus, our Lord have their respective covenants.

When you send a man or a woman to the altar, you say; “Lord, here I am, presenting my wife or husband to you to be sacrificed”. Then when God approves, then a covenant is made between both of you and God. Be very careful of divorce, you put God to shame.

Altars again teach us that our approach to God and communion with Him is based on the one great sacrifice of Christ, to which all the sacrifices of the Old Testament point forward. Jesus was taken to the altar to be sacrificed for mankind so that you and I will be saved. His blood is the seal of the new covenant.

Before Elijah could command fire, he has to repair the altar because it was broken. When an altar in marriage is broken, unforgiveness, pain, failure,  struggles, hatred, and even death are inevitable. When your prayer altar is broken, you lose fire. When your business altar is broken, you lose customers, when your educational altar breaks, you fail. Your altar can be, what you are committed in doing that makes you prosper in anything you do. If it breaks, you are broke. God bless you today.


Note this: 

God loves you and wants to set you free indeed. Salvation is the gateway for divine blessings. If you want to be born again today by giving your life to Christ, or you want to renew your faith,  please pray this prayer 


“Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. Deliver me from sin and Satan to serve the living God. I accept You as my Lord and Savior. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.”'

Prayers for Today

  1. Father, I praise and worship you, for this word.
  2. Father, I repent of any altar I have broken, please forgive me.
  3. Father, I pray, may I receive grace to stand by my altar in Jesus name.
  4. Father, I pray, may any altar of destiny in my life broken be restored in Jesus name.
  5. Father, I pray, may the altar in your sanctuary flow with healing in Jesus name.
Send me an email, if you prayed to give your life to Christ, God bless you. 
Email: michaelbgyekye@gmail.com/nanagyekye29@gmail.com/9178256203 

No comments:

Post a Comment