Monday, October 19, 2015

The Nicodemus Christians

Topic: The Nicodemus Christians


Memory Verse: “Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore hear a word from My mouth, and give them warning from Me. Ezekiel 3:17 (NKJV)

Main Texts: John 3:1-21

Word For Thought: The Gospel is not for keep, but must be shared.


Nicodemus was a ruler of the Jews. He was a Pharisee and a member of the Sanhedrin, rulers of the land. He was a high powered law maker in the land but he was a secret follower of Jesus Christ. He knew who He was; He saw the marvelous miracles of Jesus and knew the source of His power but yet, could not publicly declare him to his governors and his people. Jesus was still been pursued, blocked, tempted, tortured and crucified to death before Nicodemus showed up.

A Nicodemus friend may watch you to death. He will be secretly going to church, praying and living well but will not tell a friend who is living in sin to stop while he knows is evil. A Nicodemus church brother will not speak against the bad deeds of the other fellow brother, will support you secretly, but publicly against.

When I was in High School, during one of the school elections, one brother stood to be voted for, but to his surprised, he got just one vote. That is, he voted for himself. I asked myself, what happened to the friends who were around him? This gospel does not depend on Nicodemus people but people who are ready to share the word to others.  


If your Nicodemus friends shut their mouths, you shall die. They are knowledgeable people who need to speak on your behalf, they may be destiny helpers, intercessors, motivators, opinion leaders, but if they shut their mouths, your days on earth are also shut. May any Nicodemus spirit break loose in Jesus name!



Note this: 

God loves you and wants to set you free from all forms of oppressionJesus answered and said to Nicodemus, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” If you want to be born again today by giving your life to Christ, or to renew your faith,  please pray this prayer 


“Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. Deliver me from sin and Satan to serve the living God. I accept You as my Lord and Savior. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.”'

Prayers for Today

  1. Father, I praise and worship you, you are mighty to save.
  2. Father, I pray, forgive me for not telling others about you.
  3. Father, I pray, fill me with enough faith to share you with others in Jesus name.
  4. Father, I pray, open the mouth of any Nicodemus helper in Jesus name.
  5. Father, I pray, may Your Church never experience a Nicodemus atmosphere in Jesus name.

Send me an email, if you prayed to give your life to Christ, God bless you. ;;;michaelbgyekye@gmail.com/nanagyekye29@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment