Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Bad Company

Topic: Bad Company


Memory Verse:  “Catch us the foxes, The little foxes that spoil the vines, For our vines have tender grapes” Song of Solomon 2:15

Main Texts:   2 Samuel 13:1-15, 


Word For Thought: Watch the type of company you choose, you may die but they may live.


Some people are now saying “had they known, they wouldn’t have chosen, that friend who broke their heart, that friend who broke their marriage, the trust and love they had before”. But it may be late. A bad friend can cost you your destiny. A bad friend can break you, a bad friend can pressure you to fail, a bad friend is a cancer to progress, a bad friend is a wolf in sheep's clothing, a snake under grass looking for a time to bite.

My dear, a bad friend can land you in hell fire. I believe some people are in hell now because of the advice they took from a very bad companion. A bad company may not only be a friend, it can be a bad character, bad attitude, bad husband or wife just like Jezebel  and Haman. A bad company may be a business or a profession rendering bad services o harm the health and sanity of people. All these are little foxes that can spoil the vines.

Amnon had a half sister called Tamar, but out of lust and desires of the flesh, he loved to rape her own sister. He desired lustfully only to have sex with her, but not to marry her, which could have been possible. But Amnon had a friend whose name was Jonadab the son of Shimeah, David’s brother. It was known that Jonadab was a very crafty man. So Jonadab said to him, “Lie down on your bed and pretend to be ill. And when your father comes to see you, say to him, ‘Please let my sister Tamar come and give me food, and prepare the food in my sight, that I may see it and eat it from her hand.’ The father, David agreed and Amnon succeeded raping her own sister.


This act costed Amnon’s own life whiles Jonadab was living. This act disintegrated his family whiles Jonadab had a rich family. Beloved, be very careful of friends who will indulge you to sin, they will repent and you will go to hell, they will advise you to lose your husband so they can take over, they can advise you to leave your job so they can occupy that position. Dear, may God help you in choosing friends. Take care of the little foxes, they are mercilessly dangerous.


Note this: 

If you are not born again, you are not secured, you have no coverage over your life and family about eternity and the Lord cannot be your companion. Because of sin God cannot hear and rescue you. Your life is limited with no divine inheritance, no direction, and failure is not an option.  Moreover, you are a candidate of hell fire. If you want to be born again by giving your life to Christ,  pray this prayer 

“Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. Deliver me from sin and Satan to serve the living God. I accept You as my Lord and Savior. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.”'

Prayers for Today

  1. “Father, I praise and worship you, you are the great companion ever.
  2. “Father, I surrender my will to enrich me with your power in Jesus name”
  3. “Father, I pray, may I remain in you and walk with you in Jesus name”.
  4. “Father, destroy any destroyer of my destiny in Jesus name”.
  5. “Father, extend your grace and favor upon anyone who has lost someone or something due to bad company ”.

Send me an email, if you prayed to give your life to Christ, God bless you ;;;michaelbgyekye@gmail.com/nanagyekye29@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. May Almighty God have mercy on us and influence evry decision we make.. Amen.
    Bless u bro.Mic.

    ReplyDelete