Saturday, August 8, 2015

Devotion: Passion

Topic: Passion

Memory Verse:  And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, Colossians 3:23
Main Texts:  Daniel 1:8, Daniel 3:8-18

Word For Thought: Your passion determines your actions

To be passionate about something is to develop a high level of attachment to that thing or object. We most  at times refer to the sufferings of Christ as the passion of Christ. This is perfectly correct, because, to be passionate is to suffer or to endure for that very cause. You go the extra mile to accomplish certain goals, you suffer for that very cause you have joined, or believed in.

Little knowledge has dimmed the light of our understanding to believe that, if your passionate about something you must not suffer for it. Passion is seen lucrative, but pursuing that which is accountable by your actions. You join and work only for your personal gain but with no passion. Many join the Church as an organization, only to enjoy when it is good, they have no zeal to be passionate about what they believe in so in the hard times they give up.

To be passionate about God is to worship Him wholeheartedly. Daniel and his other Hebrew friends purposed in their heart they will not defile themselves with the king's food as well as to worship his golden image. God saw their passion and even in the midst of the fire, He showed up. If you want God to show up over your situation, please, be passionate about Him.

What are you passionate of in Christ? Wherever you find yourself, let people know you are a christian. Your passion determines your actions. God bless you.

Note this: If you are not born again, you live a very dangerous life, Satan easily occupies your life. Your life is limited with no divine inheritance, no direction, and failure is not an option.  Moreover, you are a candidate of hell fire. If you want to be born again by giving your life to Christ,  pray this prayer 

“Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. Deliver me from sin and Satan to serve the living God. I accept You as my Lord and Savior. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.”'

Prayers for Today

1.       Praise and worship our loving and caring God.
2.       Pray this, “Father, I pray that any hindrance to my love for you will be seized with passion".
3.       Pray this, “Father, I give you my will, my love, my time, and my all, in Jesus name”.
4.       Pray this, “Father, give me the grace to stand just as Daniel stood, in Jesus name ”.
5.       Pray this, “Father, I pray for all my family, friends, nation and believers, in Jesus name bless them all"
send me an email, if you prayed to give your life to Christ, God bless you ;;;michaelbgyekye@gmail.com/nanagyekye29@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment