Thursday, August 27, 2015

When The Helper Dies

Topic: When The Helper Dies


Memory Verse:  For the Lord saw that the affliction of Israel was very bitter; and whether bond or free, there was no helper for Israel. 2 Kings 14: 26(nkjv)

Main Texts:   2 Kings 13:1-5, Psalm 121:1-2 

Word For Thought: When your helper dies, you become stressful instead of being restful.



When your helper dies, your life goes backwards, your future suffers. Without helpers failure and stagnation are inevitable. When your helper dies, you become helpless, you wail instead of winning, you become stressful instead of being restful. When your David dies, your Goliath rages on and is violent. Your helper is a divine man of encounter, a whale the Lord has prepared to swallow you up into your divine assignment, but when they die, you suffer bitterness and weariness.

My Mother Dcns. Christiana Adjakaye became my divine helper to the profession I am in now, what about if she was dead. She met me in church one day and she said “young man, what do you do”, I said store security Maa, the following week I was preparing to work in her hospital with better salary. Ever since, I have ascended through the ranks in the hospital. Many young and dynamic fellows who are out of jobs, who are too far from fulfillment, need their helpers. Your helper is anyone the Lord uses to bless your life, they are people you must expect, but not to be worshiped.

Remember to Adam there was no helper and that was an error. A pastor is not a pastor if there are no members, these members help in the ministry, I have no assignment to write devotions if you don’t partake or read them. If you my readers stop reading them, I will be discouraged, so you are my helpers. God is blessing you through me, if I stop, you lose the heavenly call of early seeking.

Israel did not serve God wholeheartedly and the anger of the Lord was aroused against Israel, and He delivered them into the hand of Hazael king of Syria, and into the hand of Ben-Hadad, all their days. So the king Jehoahaz pleaded with the Lord, and the Lord listened to him; for He saw the oppression of Israel, because the king of Syria oppressed them. Then the Lord gave Israel a deliverer or a helper, or intercessor, so that they escaped from the hand of the Syrians.

Israel still did not obey and follow the things of God, they sinned and worshiped idols and so another affliction came and it got worse more than the previous one. For the Lord saw that the affliction of Israel was very bitter; and whether bond or free, there was no helper for Israel. Although Noah was an upright man, his family were saved, Abraham became a helper to Lot, Jonathan to David, Joshua to Rehab, Esther to the Jews, Joseph to his family etc.


The  Samaritan became a good one, when he helped his enemy or stranger. Don’t limit your help to people you know, love all, help all and pray for all. God bless you.


Note this: 

The Lord loves all, but help His children. If you are not born again, you are not His child, you have no coverage over your life and family about eternity and the Lord cannot be your helper. Because of sin God cannot hear and rescue you. Your life is limited with no divine inheritance, no direction, and failure is not an option.  Moreover, you are a candidate of hell fire. If you want to be born again by giving your life to Christ,  pray this prayer 

“Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. Deliver me from sin and Satan to serve the living God. I accept You as my Lord and Savior. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.”'

Prayers for Today

  1. “Father, I praise and worship you, you are my great helper.
  2. “Father, I pray for long life to my helper in Jesus name”
  3. “Father, I pray, no weapon that fashioned against me shall not prosper in Jesus name”.
  4. “Father, I pray for my divine encounter in Jesus name”.
  5. “Father, extend your grace and favor to homeless, orphans and troubled homes in Jesus name.

Send me an email, if you prayed to give your life to Christ, God bless you ;;;michaelbgyekye@gmail.com/nanagyekye29@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment