Thursday, August 6, 2015

Devotion: Pressure Within


Topic: Pressure Within


Memory Verse:  So Delilah said to Samson, “Please tell me where your great strength lies, and with what you may be bound to afflict you. Judges 16:6

Main Texts:   Numbers 20:10-12, Judges 16

Word For Thought: If pushed, then you can run...

There are several forms of pressure but there is a pressure within. This is when the pressure to do is from men and not God. To do what men say and instead of what God says. Our age, ego, name, character and desires of this life can create a pressure within. Also friends family and other people can create one. Today's devotion is looking at the pressure by outside influence.

Samson was an anointed and ruler of the people Israel. His time, the Lord gave the Philistines into his hands. He was then very powerful. The devil who is one of the major factor to deal with, brought Delilah his way. This lady came in as a sheep but she was more than a tiger. Samson got a pressure he has never received, when Delilah wanted to find the source of his strength.

If we allow our Delilahs to have a place in our lives, we will feel such pressure, to destroy our destiny. Satan is not and will never be happy with our success. The Lord we serve has given us all the resources in this life to make the right choice.

Love God and may Him alone be your guide in this life, as says in Psalm 16:11 "You will show me the path of life;In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right and are pleasures forevermore". Pressures of life are part of life, Godly relax and deal with them by studying the word of God and pray.


Note this: If you are not born again, you live a very dangerous life, The Devil will pressure your life into destruction and finally will send you to hell, but if you want to be born again by giving your life to Christ,  please pray this prayer 

“Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. Deliver me from sin and Satan to serve the living God. I accept You as my Lord and Savior. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.”'

Prayers for Today

1.       Praise and worship the God who is worthy to be praised.
2.       Pray this, “Father, may any pressure in my life now, turn into praises, in Jesus name".
3.       Pray this, “Father, I pray for your hand in my situation, in Jesus name”.
4.       Pray this, “Father, may any Delilah pursuing me, fall  and fail in Jesus name ”.
5.       Pray this, “Father, may I be disconnected from any negative pressure within.
send me an email, if you prayed to give your life to Christ, God bless you ;;;michaelbgyekye@gmail.com/nanagyekye29@

No comments:

Post a Comment