Tuesday, August 25, 2015

When God is Silent

Topic: When God is Silent


Memory Verse:  These things you have done and I kept silence; you thought that I was just like you; I will reprove you and state the case in order before your eyes. Psalm 50:21

Main Texts:   Habakkuk 1:13, 1 Kings 18:1-16


Word For Thought: Remain intimate, even when it seems He is not there


I believe one of the ways God announce His presence in our life is when He is silent. When things around us are silent so that we can really focus on Him, pray and reconcile. When there are too much chaos and noise in our life, crisis abound and mistakes are inevitable, but the silent mind producea a reliable character. Elijah was a prophet of God but when Jezebel raised her ugly head on him, he prayed expecting God in the quake of the earth and the wind, but God came in a still small voice.

We may earnestly seek God, but in return only sense His silence. And this silence can be difficult, frustrating even excruciating. The Bible tells the story of Job, who was well acquainted with God's silence. In his pain and suffering, he cried out to God. He asked for answers and he kept asking; but for the first 37 chapters of the book of Job, his cries for God's help and relief were met only by God's deafening silence. As Christians, we are not always going to hear God's voice, but from Job we can learn a few practical things to do when God seems silent. This is the time we must remain trusted in the Lord, just as Job.

God may be silent to a Nation for a reason. When there is sin upon the nation. Achan sinned and God was silent concerning the battle of Ai. Israel was slayed in the hands of a small nation Ai. In the span of three years and six months, there was a famine in Samaria, which prompted prophet Elijah to pray, but the Lord answered after a long time.

“After a long time, in the third year, the word of the LORD came to Elijah: “Go and present yourself to Ahab, and I will send rain on the land.”

After the long silence time, the Lord answered. The famine was three and a half years long. For three and a half years, the people apparently continued to sin, Elijah continued to hold on by faith, but God said nothing. God was apparently silent and He was not speaking even to His great servant Elijah during this time. God hate sin and any form of disobedience separates His presence. 

David said in Psalm 51:9-11 “Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Please don’t do what will put God into silence, which is dangerous.

Note this: 

If you are not born again, you are not secured, you have no coverage over your life and family about eternity and the Lord may be silence on you based on your disobedience to give your life to Him. Your life is limited with no divine inheritance, no direction, and failure is not an option.  Moreover, you are a candidate of hell fire. If you want to be born again by giving your life to Christ,  pray this prayer 

“Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. Deliver me from sin and Satan to serve the living God. I accept You as my Lord and Savior. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.”'

Prayers for Today

  1. “Father, I worship you, I am meant for signs and wonders.
  2. “Father, I pray for your divine cleansing this season in Jesus name”
  3. “Father, I pray, may I remain in you even when You are silent, in Jesus name”.
  4. “Father, I pray for all brethren of the faith who have given up to come back in Jesus name”.
  5. “Father, extend your grace and favor upon everyone who seem depressed and lost”.

Send me an email, if you prayed to give your life to Christ, God bless you ;;;michaelbgyekye@gmail.com/nanagyekye29@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment