Friday, August 28, 2015

Forgiven, but Not Forgotten

Topic: Forgiven, but Not Forgotten 


Memory Verse:  If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained. John 20:23 (NKJV)

Main Texts:   Isaiah 43:24-26, Romans 4:8, Mark 11:26

Word For Thought: When you hold grudges, you hold your internal peace.



Some usually tell me brother, I have forgiven and God even knows I have forgiven this man or woman who broke my heart, but I will not forget. Everybody may know what the person did was evil, the destroyed a whole family, destiny, marriage, friendship, business, money, etc. but since we still have life in us, we can still love, because the one who owe the air we breathe is God, and He is very loving.

If God should take our breathe just now, we cannot question Him. He provides what we cannot pay. Doctors charges and in fact, if you have no money, you will die. We pay for the food we eat, the water we drink, the car we drive, the education we need, the clothes we wear, the music we even hear, we pay for anything here we use, but not the air we breathe. God gives breathe to all, both wicked and wise, we are all benefactors of God's mercy. So why can't you show mercy?

Why should you forgive? It is a command and in our main text, if we don't we will not receive one. Suzanne Somers said “Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself.” also Lewis B. Smeedes stated that, “To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that prisoner was you.” You help your own self if you forgive and forget. It is healing to your soul. You live long, your descendants obtain peace. Have you seen a wicked man's generation; the Lord has no mercy to the wicked.


To forgive but not forgetting, is a demonstration of an action without the heart. It is like going to the market to buy tomatoes but as soon as you got there, you took the tomatoes, but you did not pay for it. Although you have tomatoes, but you are hurting the seller, you will not feel ok to go back to the seller again. Some of us, those we can’t forgive will determine our fate. When you forgive, you need to pay for it with your heart. When you apply your heart to it with love, you will always forget it. Don't owe anyone forgiveness, it is a debt hard to pay. God Bless you today.



Note this: 

The Lord loves all, but help His children. If you are not born again, you are not His child, you have no coverage over your life and family about eternity and the Lord cannot be your helper. Because of sin God cannot hear and rescue you. Your life is limited with no divine inheritance, no direction, and failure is not an option.  Moreover, you are a candidate of hell fire. If you want to be born again by giving your life to Christ,  pray this prayer 

“Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. Deliver me from sin and Satan to serve the living God. I accept You as my Lord and Savior. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.”'

Prayers for Today

  1. “Father, I praise and worship you, for you have forgiven me, what I did not deserve.
  2. “Father, I pray for anyone I have hurt, father give them a heart like yours to forgive me.
  3. “Father, I pray, I release anyone who wronged and did much evil to me, I forgive them.
  4. “Father, I pray for a heart like yours to stand in the heat of the issues of life.
  5. “Father, extend your grace and mercy to broken homes, to the broken heart, father comfort them in Jesus name.

Send me an email, if you prayed to give your life to Christ, God bless you ;;;michaelbgyekye@gmail.com/nanagyekye29@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment