Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Devotion: God of Compassion

Topic: God of Compassion

Memory Verse:  No one looked on you with pity or had compassion enough to do any of these things for you. Rather, you were thrown out into the open field, for on the day you were born you were despised. Ezekiel 16:5

Main Texts:   Psalm 103:8, Mathew 11: 28-30, 14:14,  Mark 8:2-3,

Word For Thought: His compassion fails not

The woman was caught in the act, they brought her to Jesus, but Him, full of compassion,set her free to go and sin no more. All of us and all those who have walked with are currently walking with God, will testify that, our God is a God of compassion.

To be compassionate, we need to show pity, sympathy, empathy, fellow feeling, care, concern, solicitude, sensitivity, warmth, love, tenderness, mercy, leniency, tolerance, kindness, humanity, charity. All these qualities are the reflective of whom God is. God is love and love is the root of compassion. You cannot show true compassion if you love not. When God saw the multitude that has been with Him for three days without food, He was moved with compassion. 

We serve a God who knows us both in and out. Nothing is hidden from Him. May be you are passing through circumstances that looks like you have been abandoned, rejected and no one cares, remember even when we are alone, that is when He alone is helping with no need of any hands, not even yourself, only Him alone, the hands of God touching that circumstances, only time will tell, be patient and truly depend on Him, He will surely deliver, in the end it will show up. 

When we were neglected, forsaken and polluted in our blood as new born with no father and motherly care, with compassion, God picked us up and He gave us His love and covenanted with us. Ezekiel 16. God loves you.

Note this: If you are not born again, you live a very dangerous life, His arm of compassion will not reach you the time of judgement. Only the His Children enjoys such benefit of His compassion. If you want to be born again by giving your life to Christ,  pray this prayer 

“Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. Deliver me from sin and Satan to serve the living God. I accept You as my Lord and Savior. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.”'

Prayers for Today

1.       Praise and worship the God who has shown us such a great compassion.
2.       Pray this, “Father, I pray for anyone in any distress right now, in Jesus name".
3.       Pray this, “Father, may my family, church and nation will receive your compassion, in Jesus name”.
4.       Pray this, “Father, I pray for my abundant life in Jesus name in Jesus name ”.
5.       Pray this, “Father, I may any nakedness in my life be covered with your compassion in Jesus name I pray"
send me an email, if you prayed to give your life to Christ, God bless you ;;;michaelbgyekye@gmail.com/nanagyekye29@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment